6 PM—8 PM
New Year, new decade, it’s time for turmeric! Stave off Blue Monday ‘blues’ with Arvinda’s and the healing benefit of turmeric, known to be one of the many spices that act as a ‘feel good’ mood-booster.
The buzz about the health benefits about turmeric has been around for a few years now, but it has been practiced in ancient Indian medicine (known as Ayurveda, the science of life) for centuries. In this Talk and Taste, discover the incredible healing benefits of turmeric and how you can use it to create healthy meals and drinks, including: a Curried Red Lentil Curry with Carrots served with Cumin Scented Basmati Rice, a Thai Hot & Sour Soup with a hint of curry spices, and finally, Healing Golden Milk laced with cinnamon, ginger for a delicious winter evening hot beverage. Get warm and happy on this Blue Monday with these delicious recipes you can make all winter season long.
- Includes Arvinda’s Indian Home Cooking cookbook, containing over 65 home-style Indian recipes ($18 value)
- All food and supplies;
- Recipe booklet;
- 10% off Arvinda’s Spices & Chai (regularly priced items only, does not include bundles or promotions).
- Suitable for vegetarians
- Suitable for guests age 12+.
- Allergy Alert – We request that you inform us, at the time of registration checkout, of any dietary restrictions that may be in conflict with the menu listed in this class description. Although we make every effort to accommodate guests with allergies, we cannot guarantee that there will be no cross contamination. Please refer to our Allergy Policy for more information.
- Products shown in image may vary from actual products created in the class.
Preena Chauhan is an Indian food expert, spice lover, cooking instructor and entrepreneur who runs popular cooking classes through Arvinda's, where seasonal ingredients & fresh spices are the key to creating delicious menus. She has been teaching classes alongside her mother Arvinda since she was a teenager. Preena holds a Master in Environmental Studies degree from York University, where she had the opportunity to research traditional farming practices of spices and vegetables in South India and has run numerous culinary tours to India. She was the host of the television series, Masalas Magic Recipes on OMNI Television for two seasons and is co-creator of Arvinda's, a spice manufacturing company she runs with her brother Paresh. Preena aspires to share her multi-textured, mouthwatering food moments and love of international spice blends of the world with an audience enamoured with the foods of her culture and those who love intense spice flavours just like her!