12 PM—1 PM
One day in Mumbai and you have to experience Indian street food at its best! Join Arvinda’s over lunch to learn about one of India’s most famous street foods, Chaat and cook with them as they show you an amazing DIY Bombay Street Food Station — perfect for outdoor or indoor entertaining to excite your guests.
Chaat consists of seasoned potatoes, layered with chickpeas for a plant-based protein, cilantro, red onions and topped with Tamarind Date Chutney and of course, Chaat Masala — the newest spice blend addition at Arvinda’s Spices & Chai. Their delicious snack meal-in-one is also served with a refreshing Indian Spiced Lemonade. Teens and adults are welcome to learn new cooking skills and flavours on the last days of summer.
- How-to instructions by a food expert;
- Includes “lunch plate” (medium sized plate) portion of Chaat;
- Complimentary welcome drink;
- Recipes provided;
- Receive an exclusive 10% off regular priced spice offerings at Arvinda’s Spices when you redeem your class registration receipt within 1 week after the class date.
- Suitable for guests 12+.
- Allergy Alert – We request that you inform us, at the time of registration checkout, of any dietary restrictions that may be in conflict with the menu listed in this class description. Although we make every effort to accommodate guests with allergies, we cannot guarantee that there will be no cross contamination. Please refer to our Allergy Policy for more information.
- Please plan to arrive 15-20 minutes early to leave plenty of time to find parking and beat traffic. This will allow the class to start on time for the enjoyment of all guests.
Preena Chauhan is an Indian food expert, spice lover, cooking instructor and entrepreneur who runs popular cooking classes through Arvinda's, where seasonal ingredients & fresh spices are the key to creating delicious menus. She has been teaching classes alongside her mother Arvinda since she was a teenager. Preena holds a Master in Environmental Studies degree from York University, where she had the opportunity to research traditional farming practices of spices and vegetables in South India and has run numerous culinary tours to India. She was the host of the television series, Masalas Magic Recipes on OMNI Television for two seasons and is co-creator of Arvinda's, a spice manufacturing company she runs with her brother Paresh. Preena aspires to share her multi-textured, mouthwatering food moments and love of international spice blends of the world with an audience enamoured with the foods of her culture and those who love intense spice flavours just like her!