November 9, 2019
10:30 AM—12 PM
Join Hale Coffee on a taste exploration across South America and Africa. At this hands-on coffee cupping workshop, you will be guided through the sensory experience that coffee roaster’s use to fine tune their roasting process. Open your eyes, nose and palate to a world of coffee that you’ve never experienced before. At the closing of the cupping, you can even bring home a bag of the coffee that you cupped!
- How-to instructions by an expert Roaster;
- Hands-on experience;
- Exclusive $5 off Hale Coffee coupon.
- Suitable for guests age 12+.
- Allergy Alert – We request that you inform us, at the time of registration checkout, of any dietary restrictions that may be in conflict with the menu listed in this class description. Although we make every effort to accommodate guests with allergies, we cannot guarantee that there will be no cross contamination. Please refer to our Allergy Policy for more information.
- Products shown in image may vary from actual products created in the class.
- Please plan to arrive 15-20 minutes early to leave plenty of time to find parking and beat traffic. This will allow the class to start on time for the enjoyment of all guests.-
Elyse Stewart & Ramzi Yanis
Elyse: Barista and budding coffee roaster, Elyse is one of the most passionate coffee professionals that Hale has had the privilege of working with. She loves to teach as much as she loves to learn. Elyse practices as many ways of flavour extraction as she can get her hands on. Her experience as a tea sommelier has provided her with a foundation of flavour that she avidly applies to coffee and espresso. Ramzi: Co-founder and Roaster at Hale, Ramzi began his departure from his corporate career in 2012 to pursue his first love, coffee. Ramzi spends his days at Hale keeping a constant eye on the quality of our coffee beans coming in from the farmers and going out to our customers. Learn from our resident master of flavours and how he uses coffee cupping to dial in the perfect roasts for all of Hale's specialty coffee offerings.