7 PM—8:15 PM
Did you know that the first written recipe for macaroni and cheese originated from Southern Italy in the thirteenth century? Since then, it has grown in popularity, especially in Canada. To help you perfect this classic dish, we asked Blackjack BBQ to show us how-to recreate this comforting meal in a few easy steps.
This class will focus on how-to make a proper Mornay sauce (a Béchamel cheese sauce), demonstrate the importance of a good roux, and reveal the proper cooking of pasta noodles. Following the demo, you’ll build your perfect Mac and Cheese using different ingredients, including smoked bacon, wild mushrooms, BBQ brisket, assorted cheese, hot sauces, and more. And if you thought this class couldn’t get better? Blackjack BBQ will be providing a complimentary lager beer from Wellington Brewery to pair with your dinner.
- Instructions by an expert
- Create your own mac and cheese bar
- Complimentary Helle’s Lager from Wellington Brewery
- Suitable for ages 19+.
- All guests must be able to produce valid government-issued identification to prove they are 19 years or older.
- Allergy Alert – We request that you inform us, at the time of registration checkout, of any dietary restrictions that may be in conflict with the menu listed in this class description. Although we make every effort to accommodate guests with allergies, we cannot guarantee that there will be no cross contamination. Please refer to our Allergy Policy for more information.
- The bacon is made with pork.
- Vegetarian options available.
- Please plan to arrive 15-20 minutes early to leave plenty of time to find parking and beat traffic. This will allow the class to start on time for the enjoyment of all guests.
- Products shown in image may vary from actual products in the class.