1 PM—2:30 PM
Each year, mathematicians everywhere recognize March 14th as a sacred holiday—Pi Day. On March 14th (3.14), those who know and love Pi (π), the ratio of a circle’s circumference to its diameter (which is also 3.14), get together, eat actual pie, and revel in the beauty that is the endless number. And if you’re one of the many math enthusiasts who will take part in Pi Day celebrations, let the Pie Commission help with the actual pie part. Roll up your sleeves, and join Chef Michael in making the Pie Commission’s signature all- butter pie crust. Choose between four different fillings, roll out the pie pastry, form it into pie tins, and learn creative decorative techniques.
- Learn culinary techniques and tricks by a professional pastry chef
- All supplies and ingredients
- Take-home DIY 9″ pie
- Take-home recipe
- Receive an exclusive 10% off purchase at The Pie Commission when you redeem your class registration receipt
- Suitable for ages 12+.
- Vegetarian options available.
- Allergy Alert – Use of gluten in this class. We request that you inform us, at the time of registration checkout, of any dietary restrictions that may be in conflict with the menu listed in this class description. Although we make every effort to accommodate guests with allergies, we cannot guarantee that there will be no cross contamination. Please refer to our Allergy Policy for more information.
- Products shown in image may vary from actual products in the class.
- Please plan to arrive 15-20 minutes early to leave plenty of time to find parking and beat traffic. This will allow the class to start on time for the enjoyment of all guests.
Michael has always had a passion for all things culinary, even from a young age. A last-minute decision in high school took him to the Cordon Bleu in Ottawa, where he enrolled in the pastry program. After working for years at a high-end Italian pastry shop in the capital city (as well as a stint at the Prime Minister’s residence), he decided to head to the GTA. Once in Toronto, Michael spent some time at the upscale Summerhill Market, before moving on to teaching baking classes at the Bonnie Gordon College. More recently, he has worked as a hotel baker in the Canadian far north, and now makes all the delicious dessert pies at The Pie Commission! Michael is passionate about all things sweet, and is always striving to learn more. Aside from baking and pastry, he has a strong interest in chocolate and confectionary, having taken specialty courses in both.