5 PM—8 PM
Who said vegan appetizers are boring, bland or ugly? Let Chef Shabnam show you how to impress your guests by creating the most beautiful holiday spread. Chef Shabnam will start off the evening with a pea and potato soup dotted with black sesame seeds bursting in colour and taste. Next, you’ll make gluten-free chickpea blintzes and top them with sour cream, ribboned zucchini, and quick pickled onions. Then you will enjoy cranberry and merlot jelly on top of seeded crackers, topped with a dollop of vegan sour cream and micro greens. The main dish will be fresh hand-made gnocchi, done four ways with sage and olive oil. Finally, Chef Shabnam will finish the evening with a vanilla vegan yogurt granola parfait, jeweled with pomegranate seeds.
Also offered is an optional wine paring that includes tasting of three different varieties, including organic, wines at an additional cost of $15.
- Learn culinary techniques and tricks by a classically trained chef;
- A hands- on component to the class;
- Samples of each dish created;
- Take home recipe;
- Optional wine tasting of three different wines with food
- Suitable for ages 8+. Kids under the age of 12 must remain accompanied by an adult.
- All guests planning to consume alcohol must be able to produce valid government-issued identification to prove they are 19 years or older.
- All recipes are vegan and some are gluten free.
- Allergy Alert – Nuts and seeds are used in this class. We request that you inform us, at the time of registration checkout, of any dietary restrictions that may be in conflict with the menu listed in this class description. Although we make every effort to accommodate guests with allergies, we cannot guarantee that there will be no cross contamination. Please refer to our Allergy Policy for more information.
- Please plan to arrive 15-20 minutes early to leave plenty of time to find parking and beat traffic. This will allow the class to start on time for the enjoyment of all guests.
- Products shown in image may vary from actual products in the class.
Chef Shabnam was classically trained in French cuisine at Liaison College, holds a full-time job in Finance, and has a passion for vegan cooking and baking. She’s been vegetarian for over 30 years and became vegan two years ago. As such, she knows the challenges vegans face daily, especially when we live such rushed lives. She has performed extensive research in to vegan lifestyles and healthy living and incorporates this information in to her recipes. She makes most of her food from scratch, so she can vouch for every recipe she teaches.