6 PM—8 PM
When the moon hits your eye, like a big chocolate cherry pie, that’s the Pie Commission! Join Chef Michael and our friends from the Pie Commission for a dreamy date night.
Each ticket is good for two participants, so grab a friend, family member, or special someone and join the love-fest, where you’ll each make your own pie to bring home to freeze or bake. Participants will make their own all-butter pie crust, watch a demonstration from Chef Michael on how to make a chocolate cherry filling from scratch, roll out the pie pastry, form it into pie tins, and learn creative decorative techniques. Participants will also be treated to a complimentary glass of wine.
- Learn culinary techniques and tricks by a professional pastry chef
- All supplies and ingredients
- Take home DIY 9″ chocolate cherry pie
- Complimentary glass of wine
- Take home recipe
- Receive an exclusive 10% off purchase at The Pie Commission when you redeem your class registration receipt.
- Each ticket will allow entry for two people.
- Suitable for ages 19+.
- All guests planning to consume alcohol must be able to produce valid government-issued identification to prove they are 19 years or older.
- Allergy Alert – Use of gluten in this class. We request that you inform us, at the time of registration checkout, of any dietary restrictions that may be in conflict with the menu listed in this class description. Although we make every effort to accommodate guests with allergies, we cannot guarantee that there will be no cross contamination. Please refer to our Allergy Policy for more information.
- Products shown in image may vary from actual products in the class.
- Please plan to arrive 15-20 minutes early to leave plenty of time to find parking and beat traffic. This will allow the class to start on time for the enjoyment of all guests.
Michael has always had a passion for all things culinary, even from a young age. A last-minute decision in high school took him to the Cordon Bleu in Ottawa, where he enrolled in the pastry program. After working for years at a high-end Italian pastry shop in the capital city (as well as a stint at the Prime Minister’s residence), he decided to head to the GTA. Once in Toronto, Michael spent some time at the upscale Summerhill Market, before moving on to teaching baking classes at the Bonnie Gordon College. More recently, he has worked as a hotel baker in the Canadian far north, and now makes all the delicious dessert pies at The Pie Commission. Michael is passionate about all things sweet, and is always striving to learn more. Aside from baking and pastry, he has a strong interest in chocolate and confectionary, having taken specialty courses in both.