November 16, 2019
11:30 AM—1:30 PM
Are you sick and tired of the same old appetizers, year after year? Do you want to inject some flavor into your holiday hors d’oeuvre repertoire? Are you looking to impress your friends and family with your #foodieskills? This just might be the class you’re looking for!
Just in time for the holiday entertaining season, learn how to make one of India’s most well-known and quintessential appetizers, the Samosa with Arvinda’s Spices & Chai! We’ll make two delicious baked Samosas with two different fillings—a Curried Potato & Peas filling and Sweet Potato & Spinach filling along with the perfect accompaniment: Sweet & Tangy Garam Masala Tamarind Date Chutney. The class will finish off with a Arvinda’s Christmas Masala Chai tasting, newly launched in time for the holidays! This class is interactive and everyone will get a chance to make their own Samosas. Book now, as this exclusive class is sure to sell out fast!
- Hands- on instruction by a professional chef;
- Exclusive first taste of Arvinda’s Christmas Masala Chai;
- All food and supplies;
- Two baked samosas, plus chutney;
- Recipe booklet;
- 10% off regularly priced spices & chai at Arvinda’s Spices & Chai when you show your ticket.
- Suitable for vegetarians
- Suitable for guests age 12+.
- Allergy Alert – We request that you inform us, at the time of registration checkout, of any dietary restrictions that may be in conflict with the menu listed in this class description. Although we make every effort to accommodate guests with allergies, we cannot guarantee that there will be no cross contamination. Please refer to our Allergy Policy for more information.
- Products shown in image may vary from actual products created in the class.
Preena Chauhan is an Indian food expert, spice lover, cooking instructor and entrepreneur who runs popular cooking classes through Arvinda's, where seasonal ingredients & fresh spices are the key to creating delicious menus. She has been teaching classes alongside her mother Arvinda since she was a teenager. Preena holds a Master in Environmental Studies degree from York University, where she had the opportunity to research traditional farming practices of spices and vegetables in South India and has run numerous culinary tours to India. She was the host of the television series, Masalas Magic Recipes on OMNI Television for two seasons and is co-creator of Arvinda's, a spice manufacturing company she runs with her brother Paresh. Preena aspires to share her multi-textured, mouthwatering food moments and love of international spice blends of the world with an audience enamoured with the foods of her culture and those who love intense spice flavours just like her!