6 PM—8 PM
You may have heard of a vegan or vegetarian diet, but what about plant-based? Many people are making the change to a diet that focuses on eating an abundance of plants while limiting animal products. Any change in lifestyle can be a challenge, so we are here to help!
Join Danielle Wiens, certified nutritionist and the head of Product Development for Village Juicery, in this 2-hour interactive workshop. We will be cooking up vegan mac & cheese, two ways. The first will be a healthy take on this classic dish, featuring a creamy butternut squash “cheese” sauce, served up with a side-slaw for a bit of freshness. For our second version, we’re pulling out all the stops – hearty mac and cheese with a cashew “parmesan” and tofu “bacon” crust. Gluten-free options will also be available.
- Learn the basics of plant-based nutrition from a certified nutritionist.
- Hands-on assistance to help you further your culinary skills.
- A free juice card to be redeemed at any of the Village Juicery retail locations.
- Recipe card that includes all 4 recipes covered in class.
- Mac & Cheese feast including beverages by Village Juicery.
- Suitable for kids 12+ (no younger).
- Allergy Alert – Nuts and seeds are used in this class. We request that you inform us, at the time of registration checkout, of any dietary restrictions that may be in conflict with the menu listed in this class description. Although we make every effort to accommodate guests with allergies, we cannot guarantee that there will be no cross contamination. Please refer to our Allergy Policy for more information.
- Please plan to arrive 15-20 minutes early to leave plenty of time to find parking and beat traffic. This will allow the class to start on time for the enjoyment of all guests.
- Products shown in image may vary from actual products in the class.
- All recipes provided are vegan as well as gluten-free.
Danielle’s interest in nutrition started from an early age when she first experienced diet-related health issues. This interest became somewhat of a hobby and lead her to pursue a formal education in nutrition. She attended the Institute of Holistic Nutrition graduating with First Class Honors in 2017. During her academic years she began working in the field of nutrition within the food industry. She has worked as a product developer, recipe tester, menu planner and nutrition consultant for independent clients as well as many Toronto based companies, such as Planta and Village Juicery. Danielle continues to work within the food industry, bringing her background in nutrition to all the work she does.