July 6, 2019
11 AM—12 PM
Join Purdys’ Master Chocolate Connoisseur Peter Blanchet to learn how to craft your own take-home batch of chocolate bark from tasty ingredients and 100% sustainable cocoa. You will mix chocolate with your choice of smarties, gummy bears, jelly beans, trail mix, cranberries, sprinkles, crushed almonds or other crunchy inclusions for a DIY chocolate bark that’s uniquely yours. You’ll also get to access insider knowledge from Peter on the exciting chocolate-making process, from the cocoa bean to the final delicious result. In fact, Peter will take guests on a journey of the history of Purdys from 1907 to present, as well as guide you to understand where chocolate comes from and how it is grown and subsequently made from the bean to the bar. And finally, the workshop will end with a bonus tour of the chocolate case at the Purdys shop to taste a piece of chocolate!
- How-to instructions by an expert chocolatier;
- Create approx. 250 g of chocolate bark;
- Tour of the chocolate case at the Purdys shop;
- Taste a Purdys signature chocolate from the case;
- Take-home inspiring recipes.
- Suitable for children, tweens and teens, 8+. Kids under the age of 12 must remain accompanied by an adult.
- Allergy Alert – We request that you inform us, at the time of registration checkout, of any dietary restrictions that may be in conflict with the menu listed in this class description. Although we make every effort to accommodate guests with allergies, we cannot guarantee that there will be no cross contamination. Please refer to our Allergy Policy for more information.
- Please plan to arrive 15-20 minutes early to leave plenty of time to find parking and beat traffic. This will allow the class to start on time for the enjoyment of all guests.
- Products shown in image may vary from actual products in the class.
Peter Blanchet joined Purdys, a Canadian chocolatier, confectionery manufacturer and retail operator, in 2012 after 27 years as a professional opera singer. He managed a number of Purdys retail stores before becoming their Master Chocolate Connoisseur in which he trained extensively with the Purdys' head chocolatier. He honed his expertise at the Callebaut Chocolate Academy in Montreal, a school devoted to the art of chocolate. Peter is passionate about all thing chocolate and makes regular show appearances on radio and television networks such as CHUM FM, Global and CTV, to name a few. He is also a regular guest presenter at consumer shows such as the Women's Show, Gourmet Food and Wine Expo and the Seasons Show. Most recently, Peter has been an instructor for the LCBO's event kitchens for the past 4 years and is looking forward to educating chocolate lovers at the new demo kitchens at Square One's The Food District and Upper Canada's Market & Co.