12 PM—1:30 PM
$15 – $25
Did you know that Lunar New Year is frequently celebrated in China with a tea ceremony? The tea and sweet treats are thought to help sweeten the year ahead.
Join Tao himself of Tao Tea Leaf in ringing in the Lunar New Year with a traditional tea tasting social! Come to socialize, try new teas, enjoy traditional Chinese desserts, and celebrate the Lunar New Year. As a Certificated Tea Sommelier, Tao will share his useful knowledge which he has gained over many years of experiencing the various kinds of tea. Patrons will also learn about the health benefits of various teas and how to prepare tea with a basic teapot.
- How-to instructions by a Certificated Tea Sommelier;
- Experience a traditional Chinese Gongfu tea ceremony;
- Enjoy a taste discovery of various teas;
- Receive complimentary traditional Chinese desserts;
- Receive an exclusive 10% off your same-day loose tea or tea drink purchase when you redeem your registration receipt.
- Couples Ticket is good for two (2) participants
- Suitable for all ages.
- Allergy Alert – We request that you inform us, at the time of registration checkout, of any dietary restrictions that may be in conflict with the menu listed in this class description. Although we make every effort to accommodate guests with allergies, we cannot guarantee that there will be no cross contamination. Please refer to our Allergy Policy for more information.
- Please plan to arrive 15-20 minutes early to leave plenty of time to find parking and beat traffic. This will allow the class to start on time for the enjoyment of all guests.
- Products shown in image may vary from actual products in the class.
As a small team founded in 2009, Tao Wu (a Certificated Tea Sommelier and second generation tea exporter) and his business partner started this specialty tea company out of love and passion for high quality tea. Tao Tea Leaf is a Toronto-based retailer and wholesaler of loose leaf teas, with a focus on Chinese teas, as well as featuring blended teas and herbs.