July 25, 2019
6:30 PM—7:30 PM
Mexico has a deep love affair with chiles, and one of the ways they use them is in hot sauce. Join the La Carnita culinary team as they teach you about the history of Mexican hot sauces, the composition, and spice levels. First, you will be greeted with a welcome Michelada (Spicy Mexican Beer and Lime Cocktail) and then taken through a demonstration where you will learn about the types of chile used to determine the flavour, whether a tangy taste, lightly smoky flavour or a lot of smoky flavour. Discover different brands and varieties of Mexican hot sauce, with varying degrees of heat and flavour. You will also learn which hot sauces are the perfect pairing with certain foods. And finally, enjoy a taste tour of each with mini tostadas and evaluate their flavour profiles. You will even get to take home some samples of the featured hot sauces!
- Hands-on instructions by culinary chefs;
- Complimentary welcome Michelada;
- Taste tour of several different Mexican hot sauce;
- Take-home hot sauce samples.
- All guests planning to consume alcohol must be able to produce valid government-issued identification to prove they are 19 years or older.
- Allergy Alert – We request that you inform us, at the time of registration checkout, of any dietary restrictions that may be in conflict with the menu listed in this class description. Although we make every effort to accommodate guests with allergies, we cannot guarantee that there will be no cross contamination. Please refer to our Allergy Policy for more information.
- Please plan to arrive 15-20 minutes early to leave plenty of time to find parking and beat traffic. This will allow the class to start on time for the enjoyment of all guests.
- Products shown in image may vary from actual products in the class.