7 PM—9 PM
It’s National Eat a Peach Day and what better way to celebrate than by making your very own fresh peach pie! Join Pastry Chef Michael Smith of the Pie Commission for a fun hands-on workshop. This class kicks off with a tasting of a few savoury pies and a glass of wine. Michael will guide participants on how to make the ultimate butter pie pastry using trade technique and valuable tips. While the pastry rests, participants will learn how to make a delicious pie filling using Ontario fresh peaches. Michael will demonstrate a technique on peeling peaches like a professional. Participants will slice peaches, mix the filling, roll out the pie pastry, form it in the pie tins and learn creative decorative techniques. Voilà! You have created your very own take-home pie to freeze or bake and enjoy at home. Class concludes with a tasting of an already baked peach pie to enjoy, now that’s just peachy!
- Learn culinary techniques and tricks by a professional pastry chef,
- All supplies and ingredients;
- Take home DIY peach pie;
- Sampling of savoury pies;
- Complimentary glass of wine;
- Take home recipe;
- Receive an exclusive 10% off your same-day purchase at The Pie Commission when you redeem your class registration receipt.
- Suitable for ages 19+.
- All guests planning to consume alcohol must be able to produce valid government-issued identification to prove they are 19 years or older.
- Allergy Alert – We request that you inform us, at the time of registration checkout, of any dietary restrictions that may be in conflict with the menu listed in this class description. Although we make every effort to accommodate guests with allergies, we cannot guarantee that there will be no cross contamination. Please refer to our Allergy Policy for more information.
- Products shown in image may vary from actual products in the class.
- Please plan to arrive 15-20 minutes early to leave plenty of time to find parking and beat traffic. This will allow the class to start on time for the enjoyment of all guests.
Michael has always had a passion for all things culinary, even from a young age. A last-minute decision in high school took him to the Cordon Bleu in Ottawa, where he enrolled in the pastry program. After working for years at a high-end Italian pastry shop in the capital city (as well as a stint at the Prime Minister’s residence), he decided to head to the GTA. Once in Toronto, Michael spent some time at the upscale Summerhill Market, before moving on to teaching baking classes at the Bonnie Gordon College. More recently, he has worked as a hotel baker in the Canadian far north, and now makes all the delicious dessert pies at The Pie Commission! Michael is passionate about all things sweet, and is always striving to learn more. Aside from baking and pastry, he has a strong interest in chocolate and confectionary, having taken specialty courses in both.