7 PM—8:30 PM
Join Purdys Master Chocolate Connoisseur Peter Blanchet in this hands- on workshop to learn how to craft your own take-home batch of 21 chocolate truffles, which retails at over $35!
This winning class is sure to sell out!
- How-to instructions by a Master Chocolate Connoisseur;
- Create approx. 21 chocolate truffles to take home;
- A complete history of Purdys Chocolatier, including their sustainability program and ethically sourced cocoa;
- Explanations on the creation of chocolate, from growth to final product, by a Master Chocolate Connoisseur;
- Tour of the chocolate case at the Purdys shop;
- Taste a Purdys signature chocolate from the case;
- Take-home inspiring recipes.
- Suitable for participants 19+.
- Those planning on drinking must provide a form of government issued photo identification.
- Allergy Alert – We request that you inform us, at the time of registration checkout, of any dietary restrictions that may be in conflict with the menu listed in this class description. Although we make every effort to accommodate guests with allergies, we cannot guarantee that there will be no cross contamination. Please refer to our Allergy Policy for more information.
- Please plan to arrive 15-20 minutes early to leave plenty of time to find parking and beat traffic. This will allow the class to start on time for the enjoyment of all guests.
- Products shown in image may vary from actual products in the class.
Peter Blanchet joined Purdys, a Canadian Chocolatier in 2012 after 27 years as a professional opera singer. He managed a number of Purdys retail stores before becoming their Master Chocolate Connoisseur in which he trained extensively with Purdys chocolatier. He honed his expertise at the Callebaut Chocolate Academy in Montreal, a school devoted to the art of chocolate. Peter is passionate about all thing chocolate and makes regular show appearances on radio and television networks such as CHUM FM, Global and CTV, to name a few. He is also a regular guest presenter at consumer shows such as the Women's Show, Gourmet Food and Wine Expo and the Seasons Show. Most recently, Peter has been an instructor for the LCBO's event kitchens for the past 4 years and is looking forward to educating chocolate lovers at the new demo kitchens at Square One's The Food District and Upper Canada's Market & Co.