4 PM—5 PM
Let’s talk steak — a beautiful, juicy piece of beef. There are so many considerations from the grade, the cut, to the origin that it can all be rather intimidating. What is the difference between a striploin steak and a ribeye? Why are some grades so expensive? Join Skyler Van Dyk of Seed to Sausage as he takes you through a complete guide to steak. He will start by sharing what steak offers the best value, preparation techniques and searing tips. Skyler will prepare a variety of steaks, including striploin and ribeye steaks from 3 different origins. Of these, you will taste the best selling steaks at Seed to Sausage – the Prince Edward Island Grass Fed and the world renowned Australian A9 Wagyu! He will slice each for tasting as he discusses flavour profiles, each grade, cut and its distinct origin. Enjoy this incredible steak tasting tour with a complimentary wine pairing by Vineland Estates. Guests will also learn about dry aging techniques, different breeds of cattle and he will demystify the difference between Kobe Beef and Wagyu and why they fetch a higher price point. This class is intimate, fun and jam-packed with useful knowledge, all delivered with the passion for which Seed to Sausage is known for.
- Demonstration by an expert;
- Taste tour of a variety of steak;
- Complimentary glass of red or white Vineland Estates wine;
- Inspiration and know-how.
- Suitable for ages 8+. Kids under the age of 12 must remain accompanied by an adult.
- Allergy Alert – We request that you inform us, at the time of registration checkout, of any dietary restrictions that may be in conflict with the menu listed in this class description. Although we make every effort to accommodate guests with allergies, we cannot guarantee that there will be no cross contamination. Please refer to our Allergy Policy for more information.
- Please plan to arrive 15-20 minutes early to leave plenty of time to find parking and beat traffic. This will allow the class to start on time for the enjoyment of all guests.
- Products shown in image may vary from actual products in the class.
Skyler Van Dyk
Skyler Van Dyk has worked in the fine dining and restaurant industry for 10+ years in noteable restaurants like Nota Bene, Jacobs Steakhouse, and Jamie’s Italian. He is passionate about butchery and culinary arts and enjoys sharing his knowloedge through intimate workshops such as this.