November 19, 2019
6 PM—7 PM
Come join Village Juicery in this hands-on fermentation workshop. Learn how to make your own sauerkraut while certified holistic nutritionist, Danielle Wiens, walks you through flavor pairings and discusses the history and health benefits of fermented foods. Everyone will leave the class with a basic understanding of safe fermentation practices as well as the important do’s and don’ts of fermenting.
This is a part of a larger fermentation series put on by Danielle Wiens and Village Juicery. Please see our calendar for more fermentation workshops.
- Recipe card with complete instructions on how to make your own sauerkraut at home.
- Jars of the sauerkraut made in class.
- Receive an exclusive juice card – to be used for one free juice at any of the Village Juicery retail locations.
- Suitable for kids 12+.
- Allergy Alert – We request that you inform us, at the time of registration checkout, of any dietary restrictions that may be in conflict with the menu listed in this class description. Although we make every effort to accommodate guests with allergies, we cannot guarantee that there will be no cross contamination. Please refer to our Allergy Policy for more information.
- Please plan to arrive 10 minutes prior to the start of this workshop.
- All juices and products provided are certified organic and vegan.
Danielle Wiens is a Certified Holistic Nutritionist practising out of Toronto. Her interest in nutrition started from an early age when she first started suffering from serious health complications. After restoring her own health, her personal application of nutrition expanded, leading her to further her studies in nutrition. After graduating with first class honours from the Institute of Holistic Nutrition, Danielle has been focusing on helping others find natural methods of healing. Her practice is built upon helping others restore their relationship to food. Through workshops, retreats and lectures, Danielle hopes that she can inspire others to connect with their food and themselves.