2 PM—4 PM
It’s said that the world is a book, and those who do not travel only read a page. If you don’t have time for the whole book, get the abbreviated notes from Arvinda’s! Ring in the holiday season with spice infused appetizers and sweets with an around-the-world theme!
In this interactive cooking class, Arvinda’s famous co- creator and Chef Extraordinaire Preena Chauhan will share a handful of our most loved holiday entertaining recipes that you can use for a ‘spiced’ themed cocktail party or get together. With six all new recipes to share, there’s bound to be something for everyone in your party, even the most travelled companion amongst them!
- Tokyo 7 Spice Chex Snack Mix
- Mexican Fiesta Avocado & Tomato Toasts
- German Gingerbread Cookies, Pfeffernusse
- Christmas Chai Roasted Pear Tea Cake
- Chai Infused Warm Apple Cider
- Garam Masala Spiced Swedish Holiday Glogg (non-alcoholic)
- Hands- on instruction by a professional chef;
- Exclusive first taste of six new Arvinda’s Spices & Chai recipes;
- All food and supplies;
- Tasting size samples of six different recipes;
- Recipe booklet;
- 10% off regularly priced spices & chai at Arvinda’s Spices & Chai when you show your ticket.
- Suitable for vegetarians
- Suitable for guests age 12+.
- Allergy Alert – We request that you inform us, at the time of registration checkout, of any dietary restrictions that may be in conflict with the menu listed in this class description. Although we make every effort to accommodate guests with allergies, we cannot guarantee that there will be no cross contamination. Please refer to our Allergy Policy for more information.
- Products shown in image may vary from actual products created in the class.
Preena Chauhan is an Indian food expert, spice lover, cooking instructor and entrepreneur who runs popular cooking classes through Arvinda's, where seasonal ingredients & fresh spices are the key to creating delicious menus. She has been teaching classes alongside her mother Arvinda since she was a teenager. Preena holds a Master in Environmental Studies degree from York University, where she had the opportunity to research traditional farming practices of spices and vegetables in South India and has run numerous culinary tours to India. She was the host of the television series, Masalas Magic Recipes on OMNI Television for two seasons and is co-creator of Arvinda's, a spice manufacturing company she runs with her brother Paresh. Preena aspires to share her multi-textured, mouthwatering food moments and love of international spice blends of the world with an audience enamoured with the foods of her culture and those who love intense spice flavours just like her!