June 10, 2019
6 PM—7:30 PM
Welcome to the world of spices! Spices are outright amazing, known for their immense flavour in the foods we eat and their powerful healing benefits and potential. If you have a fascination for spices and their delicious flavours, join us in celebration of National Herbs & Spices Day where we will discuss all things spices! Everything from discovery, to new blends, to the building blocks of Indian cuisine, Preena will guide you on how to correctly use spices to gain maximum flavour, storage tips and how to cook up dishes where spices are the key component.
- Whole Spice Sweet & Tangy Channa Masala ~ Chick Pea Curry
- The Perfect Basmati Rice Pullao Scented with Cinnamon, Clove & Star Anise
- Spicy-Sweet Cinnamon Apple Chutney
- Minty Whole Spice Infused Water
- How-to instructions by a food expert;
- Taste tour of savoury menu items;
- Emailed recipes/instructions for non-cookbook holders;
- Complimentary Arvinda’s Home Indian Cooking cookbook – with over 60 healthy, homestyle recipes (value at $18);
- Receive an exclusive 10% off same-day, regular priced spice offerings at Arvinda’s Spices when you redeem your class registration receipt.
- Suitable for guests 12+.
- Allergy Alert – We request that you inform us, at the time of registration checkout, of any dietary restrictions that may be in conflict with the menu listed in this class description. Although we make every effort to accommodate guests with allergies, we cannot guarantee that there will be no cross contamination. Please refer to our Allergy Policy for more information.
- Please plan to arrive 15-20 minutes early to leave plenty of time to find parking and beat traffic. This will allow the class to start on time for the enjoyment of all guests.
DON’T NEED THE COOKBOOK? use discount code Cookbook Holder at checkout for a reduced price of $13 off.
Preena Chauhan is an Indian food expert, spice lover, cooking instructor and entrepreneur who runs popular cooking classes through Arvinda's, where seasonal ingredients & fresh spices are the key to creating delicious menus. She has been teaching classes alongside her mother Arvinda since she was a teenager. Preena holds a Master in Environmental Studies degree from York University, where she had the opportunity to research traditional farming practices of spices and vegetables in South India and has run numerous culinary tours to India. She was the host of the television series, Masalas Magic Recipes on OMNI Television for two seasons and is co-creator of Arvinda's, a spice manufacturing company she runs with her brother Paresh. Preena aspires to share her multi-textured, mouthwatering food moments and love of international spice blends of the world with an audience enamoured with the foods of her culture and those who love intense spice flavours just like her!